Spiders

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
Recently, here in Florida, I killed a spider on my doorjam that, to me was huge. I showed this pic to the local environmental agent and she said it was a "Huntsman" and they are very good for killing Palmetto bugs (huge roaches). I knew it was a mistake to kill it because as soon as I did, a roach ran across my floor, as if it knew the spider was gone.
Let me get to my point; what are the biggest spiders found in NJ? Any pics available? I promise, unless it's crawling on me as I wake up, I won't kill any more of these useful critters. They just give me the creeps.
These are the before and after pics (that's a quarter for scale):

Attachments

• Bigggg Spider.jpg
    Bigggg Spider.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 219
  • Spider2.jpg
    Spider2.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 217

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Great pic!
I should keep a peanut butter jar around in case one ends up on my wall again. Did you catch and release or swing and splat?

Heh, the first time I caught him I released him in the flower beds just past the edge of my deck, and we caught him in the house again within a week. I would still like to know how a 2.5" diameter spider gets into my house without my seeing it! The second time I took him out into the woods behind the house, and haven't seen him since.

Which doesn't mean he isn't here :).