spring hill

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
a bunch of us form the Out Door Club of SJ did a 10 mile loop from "Lake Oswego" and back
two of us left the group to visit the snow covered peaks of "spring hill' a little bush wacking and following a boundry line cut and there it was "spring hill' just a spot in the woods LOL,
so being in the woods between Baptist road and the lunch spot we bushe wacked a little and followed a fire cut to a road in the "pygmy pines" and a bright white sand old unused road, this was a very interesting area due to the terrain and long vewing distances.
about 3/4 mile later we found the rest of the group at the lunch stop, then down the road and up another boundry cut
we next visited the "landing gear" a piece of a f-105 fighter jet that hit the bear swamp fire tower in 1971, then on to the "bear swamp hill"
from there bvack to "lake Oswego"
it was a nice day for a 10 mile hike and stand on the top of "spring hill" such as it was LOL

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
yep i see them they remind me of.......well. i also see cedar creek, i kayak that quite frequently, the best part is the section from dover cranberry bog to the old girl scout camp, sort of challange, but fun, you got a kayak ?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
No I don't Stu, but I do have a canoe. Used it on the cedar 3 times in last 3 years. A couple years ago me and a few from this board went upstream from Dover Forge to Bamber. What a kick that was.