Springtime On The Tulpehocken, A PBX Hike

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All great shots Bob! You did a really nice job showing the Carex folliculata. The photo of Al is a classic. Imagine if he left the cap off the water bottle in his pocket!

Guy

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Thirty more years is absolutely about right Scott. And when we get to 40, I'll hire a coolie to carry me out there and set me in a chair to listen to the warblers and watch the plants grow.

This is for Jeff whose leg was twisted from putting a barbecue grill together the day before, and had to settle for a drift in his kayak....the secret little pickeral spot.
IMG_6243.jpg

Gee, it sounds a little wimpy when you put it that way. Clearly there was a misunderstanding, I twisted my leg while saving new born puppies from an apartment fire that broke out WHILE I was assembling a grill. Yeah, that's it.

This spot does look ripe for pickerel. I'll hit it and report back.

Jeff

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
It really was a beautiful hike. I thoroughly enjoyed the backwoods along the Tulpehocken. Hats off to Bob and Guy for setting the trip up. The bbq was a great way to end the day. Plenty of good food, ales, and conversations. I couldn't have asked for a better group of such friendly and knowledgeable people to hit the woods with. Hope to see everyone again soon.
Mike
I'll check my photos to see if there are any worth posting.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I do believe Guy and Bob both have some kind of gravity cancelling gizmo they use to effortlessly skim across mud that buries big guys like me and Scott and John.
This trip has inspired me to return to the Tulpe.I will be panorama capable by the end of July and Whip will lend his photo expertise and I will lend my equipment to him and see what we can accomplish.There are a couple spots we passed I'd like to do Pano's of and Whip i believe should see these spots.Unfortunately he never gets saturdays off and I only rarely so which is why I'm not with this great bunch of guys more then I am.Oh for a day job with weekends off,maybe I'd lose some of me and learn that mud skimming technique other lighter men seem to posess.I think my next saturdays off will be around early december so i may be with you guys then.
Al

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
This was a memorable hike. Those bogs were simply stunning. Guy and Bob really came up with a good one, as usual. These two gentleman put alot of thought into these hikes, and for that I'm grateful. It's great to be able to get out into the woods with a group like this where everyone has valuable knowledge of and passion for the Pines.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It actually was Bob's hike, I only helped with the water drop and putting the waypoints into a GPX file.

Guy

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
The color on those Calopogon are amazing. Looks like I missed a great one! I'll be ready in the fall.I would have paid to see Al swimming in the mud.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I did get a photo of Al after all. I was looking at my plant photo's and found this.

al.jpg

Guy