Stafford forge range

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Saw on another site that there is talk to make the range at Stafford forge bigger and for police use. They are talking about expanding it and building indoor range. This will supposedly encompass all the fields and also some woods. Thoughts?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Saw on another site that there is talk to make the range at Stafford forge bigger and for police use. They are talking about expanding it and building indoor range. This will supposedly encompass all the fields and also some woods. Thoughts?

About 4 miles down 539 is Shooters, lots of air conditioned space for them to practice. Unless it will be used for the CO's, I don't feel license fees should be used for local governments. Once a building goes up, the 450' rule takes over.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
LEO can use the existing range at Collier Mills or use one of the many ranges on the base. Why waste the money?

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
I am a firm believer in leaving it alone. I did not even think about the 450' rule. I do not want to see anymore of the pinelands developed when there are other areas where this can be placed. There has to be a better solution. Would the pinelands alliance have any say over this or the power to veto it because it is in the core area?