Storm Alert

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Its been blowing really strong here, all over the rose but mostly out of the NW, since the storm went thru. Be careful in the woods today, bound to be some widow-makers around :eek:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

My internet has been down since the storm and I am just getting back on.

On Sunday morning we were up early because of the wind and we decided to go to WalMart to find a phone case for my phone. This was at sunrise. On the way to the store we passed the local Lowes and the plastic sheds in their parking lot were blowing across the road blocking our path. My wife got out and started moving the plastic pieces and I took this photo at 6:20AM of her wrangling the plastic shed off the road.

at.jpg

We arrived at the store and as I was trying my phone in the cases I noticed Jessica has sent me a message. That was unusual for her to be up that early. She informed us the power was out and the transformer near our house was exploding and she was talking to the police. So we hurried home and it was a large tree that had blown over soon after we had left the house and it was leaning against a transformer.

IMG_2830a.jpg

I had walked over to it to take the above photo and just as we were near it the transformer discharged again scaring the crap out of us. The police were nearby and I am sure they got a good laugh out of that but they came over and told us to leave. Fast forward a few hours and the tree started leaning even more.

IMG_2833a.jpg

Then it started on fire.

Our power was out about 2 hours but my in-laws who live right near us were out 12. But the internet would not connect and this morning before work I gave them a call. It appeared my modem may have been compromised and tonight I replaced it. Things seem to be working now.

Guy