Storm damage

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I was on 563 today and saw quite a bit of damage I assume was from the storm the other day. Most was near the Haines bogs; one of their outbuildings had the metal roof curled up, very strange, never saw anything like that before. A lot of trees and branches down.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
That spot at pine island for whatever reason is super dangerous in thunderstorms. I've been out there more then once during a t storm and the winds and flooding gets bad there. There was one time when I felt like I was on storm chasers and very nearly went off the side of the road in my cherokee.....damage was pretty crazy, but just in the spot, odd.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
The top of this tree is blocking High Crossing - Hampton Furnace Road. This picture was taken last Monday. People are driving around it now and chewing up the woods.

There were no other trees damaged around it so I think it was lightning. There are pieces of bark 100 feet from the trunk. It must have been some explosion.
Ed

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
They just drive around it, just like they drive past the " NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES " signs. Quarter Mile was full of heavy mud tracks this morning.