Stuffed in a vacuum and bombarded by electrons, a tick waves hello

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I have seven, itching bites on me from just this week. Ticks were picked up each day between Saturday and last night while walking in the woods. I am a tick magnet. They must like beer.

All ticks survived a hot shower and were discovered imbedded on the following mornings. I have bites on my stomach, back, armpit and one under my watch.

I think we are going to be in for it this spring because of the mild winter.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I have sat on the ground and watched ticks crawling toward me and have then got up and moved to the other side of them only to see them turn around and head for my new location.I have seen them on brush picking their legs up and waving them back and forth as if sniffing me out.The must also love Mountain Dew.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I think we are going to be in for it this spring because of the mild winter.

When we had our dog at the vet last week (torn ACL), he said that they are anticipating the worst tick season in years. I would expect chiggers to be as bad, if not worse.

I went and bought a case of permethrin.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Haven't gotten any bites yet this year yet myself in spite of bushwhacking, although I've brushed couple off my pants. They were just the little nymphs and seem to be moving pretty slow. A few days ago when it got up to 80, I started treating everything with permethrin.

I don't know if ticks like beer, but consumption of beer may make you less aware that they have attached themselves. ;)

I need to try a different brand of Permethrin - Dick's and REI only stock the Sawyers Permethrin Clothing and Gear product, and these are by far the WORST spray cans I've ever used. It works fine on my clothes, but the spray cans are just a mess, they drip all over the place as you spray. I have tried holding the can in different positions, only using short blasts, etc and nothing seems to help. At first I thought I just had a bad batch, but this has been a problem with every can I've purchased over a three year period.

Anybody else notice this? The Permanone spray they used to sell at Walmart never had this problem.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I need to try a different brand of Permethrin - Dick's and REI only stock the Sawyers Permethrin Clothing and Gear product, and these are by far the WORST spray cans I've ever used. It works fine on my clothes, but the spray cans are just a mess, they drip all over the place as you spray. I have tried holding the can in different positions, only using short blasts, etc and nothing seems to help. At first I thought I just had a bad batch, but this has been a problem with every can I've purchased over a three year period.

Anybody else notice this? The Permanone spray they used to sell at Walmart never had this problem.

I use Repel brand aersol as needed and have no problems with the container. I also use the Sawyer soak to do socks and pants; a lot easier and I think more thorough than the aersol.