survivorman

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
so we all know (and probably love or hate) the show..

think we could get les stroud to do a show in the PB's ? i think that would be cool.. i'd rather him do it than "man vs wild".. what do you all think ? how could we ask les to do a show ?

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
It's kind of funny to think of them trying to build up enough drama in the barrens. "Les is almost five _miles_ from the nearest paved road, the ground is wet and mossy, and there may be snakes. But the number one danger he faces right now is ticks and chiggers, and the occasional ATV rider."

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
haha .. mark, i just saw you for the first time.. holding a beer, while taking a break at "washington".. on the opening page of the website.. too funny

yea, les could find an enduro trail, and be on a sand road in less than an hour.. he would identify a mark on a tree about 4 ft off the ground.. and ponder what it could be.. then he'd freak as he heard a bike coming, and see it scuff a tree and simply say "well, i guess i was wrong".. it would be a riot.. :rofl: i still think we should contact him.. we could find a remote spot (as far out as possible) and dump him there.. although, he could end up in AC for the night.. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Aaron

Explorer
Jul 29, 2007
I like survivor man, hate man v wild.

Should drop the guy from mvw bear whatever the hell his name is in the middle of camden, lets see him survive that:bear:

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006

Should drop the guy from mvw bear whatever the hell his name is in the middle of camden, lets see him survive that:bear:

Totally agree, Bear's advice would get most of us killed. I think of M vs W as an extreme sport show. Now Survivorman OTOH is a real survival show. I have brought it up before, I'd love to see him survive in the pine barrens for a week. True, he may not be as far from a road, but perhaps a leg injury can be simulated where he cannot be allowed to walk at all.
And dont forget, all those other places he stayed in didn't have the...
:jd:

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan

laugh-1.gif

Mar 1, 2008
bear grillz is the man vs. wild guy. he sucks and is a total phony. he doesn't even camp out at nights, he stays in the local hotel with his camera crew.

i wish they would have a survivor man in the pines. he would just have to survive off the land for a week, catching fish and maybe even deer to eat, also he'd be building shelters and fires and jamming out on his harmonica.

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
i doubt he would kill a deer.. les stroud is a real awesome guy, and doesn't like killing things, unless absolutely necessary.. he'd be fine w/ fish and eating off the land for a wk.

so how do we contact this guy ? Ben - it's your website.. can you make an attempt at this please... cheers..

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
survivorman isn't cool enough for the pine barrens. nuff said.
also, if he didn't have his saftey net crew nearby he'd probably get lost and die. too bad!

I think you're talking about "Man vs. Wild".. Les Stroud (of survirorman) is great.. Bear Grylls (of MvW) is the one w/ the safety crew.. :eng101: