The Barrens

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
movie on tonight STARZ Comcast cable channel 154, 9 PM. :eek:

The Barrens
  • R
A family is hunted by the notorious Jersey Devil during a camping trip in the pine forests of the Garden State.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I think this was made after a book I read back in Desert Storm.It was in a box of books folks had sent us to read.I picked it up because it said Barrens.I soon seen it was a Jersey Devil novel and was going to put it back but couldn't find anything any better in there to read so i read it.Can't remember a thing about it.Musta not impressed me.neither does the Devil.

Reactions: 46er

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
We were just having a conversation about this at work this morning. Also the X-Files did an episode about the Jersey Devil in the "Pine Barrens" where they went down into a ravine(!) and followed a stream for a little bit and then ended up in the outskirts of AC.

I think the Sopranos also had a similar episode where it was supposed to be the Pine Barrens but was clearly not.

Reactions: joc

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
A lot of movies actually take place in some strange places, especially the old westerns. The classic 'Shane' had most filming in Gran Teton NP, as depicted, but other shots where at Big Bear Lake in Cali. I've been to the set in GTNP, some buildings still stand, in disrepair but you can walk into them. Some of the newer flicks take place on a computer :eek: