The bee's are coming, the bee's are coming

Piney Boy

Explorer
Sep 19, 2005
Williamstown, NJ
Recently the wife and I decided to give backyard bee keeping another go-round. While not an easy naturist hobby it is highly rewarding in many ways. First time around the bees, unfortunately, didnt get passed the winter. Since then though I've learned some new tricks that I think will make them a permanent inhabitant on our couple of acres of land. !viva honeybee!
As a sidenote I'm getting them from a local this time, no drive up to north jersey with bees in tow.

Pandot

Scout
Sep 30, 2008
Sweetwater
Recently the wife and I decided to give backyard bee keeping another go-round. While not an easy naturist hobby it is highly rewarding in many ways. First time around the bees, unfortunately, didnt get passed the winter. Since then though I've learned some new tricks that I think will make them a permanent inhabitant on our couple of acres of land. !viva honeybee!
As a sidenote I'm getting them from a local this time, no drive up to north jersey with bees in tow.

good for you! and best of luck with your venture. hope you end up with a successful colony. poor guys need all the help they can get.

noelle

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If you get good at it you may be able to get a local farmer to buy some from you.

Guy

Piney Boy

Explorer
Sep 19, 2005
Williamstown, NJ
Thanks guys, have actually had an offer or two from some small cranberry/blueberry famers interested in pollination. Maybe in the future Ill give it a whirl, right now though the bees are snug and comfy and thats good enough for me.

As a funny sidenote was the turkey encounter on day one. We get a ton of them, usually group of 7 or more in the back acres. It was hilarious watching them all stop a safe distance from the hive, dance about when a bee got close, then give them a wiiiiiiide birht before moving on.:rofl: