The NEW Beer Thread

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Forget ORV's, the PPA, or pig farms in Medford. If there's one thing we can all (except for Guy) agree on, it's beer. I was just on the GQ website and they had a slideshow of 50 recommended beers. Some of them I've had, some of them I haven't. But here it is:

http://www.gq.com/food-travel/wine-and-cocktails/201004/best-greatest-beers-in-the-world#slide=1

The Orval they recommend is insanely good. They also suggest a rauchbier (smoke beer), which is a style of beer that just has to be tried by everyone at least once. Fortunately I live right down the street from a craft brewery that has rauchbier on tap this month!

Another good mention in the list was Harveston's Old Engine Oil. When I drank it, I thought that I was drinking bourbon instead of beer. It's good - but I'm not sure I'd be able to drink more than one.

Of course, being slightly on the broke side of things right now I have a fridge full of PBR, a Rauchbier that I bought from Canals that is nearly undrinkable, and a bottle of wine. My secret is out - I've been branching out into wines recently.

So what has everyone else been drinking this summer?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Not much of a beer drinker, but when I can get it I like Lake Placid Breweries 46er PA, for obvious reasons :D

46erbottle.png

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
So you're gonna side with the guy that eats ear wax?
......and is a fan of Miller Lite. A real good guy that has poor taste in beer.

Bob, not a big fan of your corn beer but that beer you gave me the night I helped you with the bike was tasty.

Most of the time it is Long Trail ale, Troegs Hop Back and Nugget Nectar.

Chris

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Miller Lite and the cheap beers are okay as long as you understand what you're drinking. It's a crappy, cheap beer. Nothing wrong with that, it does exactly what it's advertised to. I personally love Miller High Life and Pabst Blue Ribbon and will say that they make a really great lazy summer day beer.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Your a good guy to Bob with a better taste in beer. That was my friend eats ear wax and is a fan Miller Light. Chris

Sometimes its the light wallet that interferes with enjoyment of the good stuff! Tonite I'm having a Michelob Original Lager...very drinkable.

Bachman's Ivory

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Hazlet, Monmouth County, NJ
I too have had quite a few of those beers, Ben. The Allagash White was the beer that got me into craft beer. Allagash make some excellent products.
Not to overwhelm this thread with pictures, but some of my favorites:

Human Blockhead by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

Ovila Abbey Dubbel by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

Back in Black by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

Palo Santo Marron by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

Allagash Black by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr

My Holy Grail by Bachman's Ivory, on Flickr
St. Bernadus Abt 12
-Still my all time favorite. I'm an absolute sucker for those belgian quads and tripels.

Is anyone else thirsty?

Bachman's Ivory

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Hazlet, Monmouth County, NJ
I dig that Back in Black.
That was very tasty. Loved the packaging too.
"21st Amendment Brewery
Back in Black
Black IPA
<a href="http://www.21st-amendment.com/beer/back-in-black" rel="nofollow">www.21st-amendment.com/beer/back-in-black</a>
"Inspired by Paul Revere's midnight ride, we rebelled against the British style IPA, embraced the more aggressive American version and then recast it in bold, brave, defiant black. Our Black IPA is a Declaration of Independence from the tyranny of the expected.

Back in Black is our newest year-round beer available now in six pack cans and on draft. Brewed like an American IPA but with the addition of rich, dark malts, this beer has all the flavor and hop character you expect with a smooth, mellow finish."