The Pine Barrens- special ed. with photos!

Z

ZippySLC

I bid on it, but I'll probably be sniped at the last minuite. I hate ebay sometimes... :)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here is the picture of it. It is a direct link from Ebay so if they change it the picture will no longer appear.

i-1.JPG

Guy

Z

ZippySLC

Well, I got outbid, so I bid up to $50. Even then I got out-bid. So I went on Bibliofind and bought it for $19, including shipping! :)

Hope no one on here is the $50 bidder...

Z

ZippySLC

now i need to continue my quest for more signed beck books. :)

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
Cool.
My "Patriots, Pirates and Pineys", "Wilderness Wetlands in Spring", "Heart of the Pines", "Wildflowers of the Pine Barrens of NJ", "Harrisville" and "Weymouth, NJ" are all signed. And my copy of "Absegami Yesteryear" was the author's personal copy given to him by the publishers. But I've never seen any signed Beck books. :)

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
Hey Ben

Did you know, the authors of Heart of the Pines, Trail of the Blue Comet, and Weymouth, NJ are all members of the group on Yahoo? That's pretty cool. They've had some interesting input so far.

Z

ZippySLC

Hey Ben

I joined the yahoo group yesterday. Even though I loathe and despise Yahoo. I was also very impressed with the Pasadena maps in the images section. I wouldn't mind finding a way to reprint those.

The only signed Beck book I have is The Jersey Midlands. I have three copies of the book - two paperback (one signed), and a 1st edition (When it was called Fair to Midlands) hardcover.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Hey Ben

Those maps are available to us because of the generosity of Paul W. Schopp who is one of the authors of the Trail of the Blue Comet. They are actually digital photo's of the maps.

You may want to read over past posts from Paul, and read the real story of the place we call Pasadena. Start at message 842. His name is prrspanky.

Guy

Z

ZippySLC

Hey Ben

Yeah, but what I would like to see is if there was a way to make a reproduction of the maps.

Are the maps part of his private collection, or are they available at the courthouse in Toms River? If they're in TR's ownership I'd see if I could get them reprinted.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Hey Ben

Here is a excerpt from one of Paul's posts. This should narrow down where to look unless he responds and narrows it even more.

...I have performed my research at Trenton, in the New Jersey Secretary of State's files; the columns of the New Jersey Courier;
and the land records held at the Ocean County Clerk's Office in Toms River. I have in my collection copies of all filed plans for Pasadena and other developments in the area....

Guy