ThePineBarrens.com - Coming soon

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Robert, Robert, Robert,

You show up sometimes once a year and now ask if we miss you...then use Ben's site to sell photo's. Then potentially want photo's from the members here to contribute to your site! Not cool!

Guy

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Robert,

You should stick around awhile. We like ya around these parts, ya know.

Hey, are you the guy that brews beer? I think I recall something along those lines.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
I guess I'm confused concerning the concept of your site. It appears that it will be nothing more than a place for to you sell pictures. Not knowing you at all, please take this with all due respect, but where do you plan on getting these pictures you're selling? Do I (we) have to start branding our posted pictures, so they don't find their way on your site someday?

NewSchoolPiney

Explorer
Jun 16, 2003
Boston, MA
www.pinemind.com
Honestly, what a waste of a perfectly good domain name. I being a web designer/developer, noticed one thing that stood out:

At the top of the page, "Stock Images" is about twice as large as 'ThePineBarrens.com.' Seems like someone should've bought 'pinebarrensstockimages.com'.

How about this quote: "It's completetly based on Photography in the pines. "

Yes, I assume it is, but it should read "It's profits are completely based on Photography in the pines."

Good luck, but I wish it was more of a comprehensive site about the Pine Barrens with a user community instead of just another site for profit.

Peace,

Justin

Oct 25, 2006
The Pine BARRENS .COM-Coming Soon

:) I will be staying with ben's site,the photography from this site is awesome,and the people who take them,to me this site,even though i am fairly new to it,was and always will be the best site about the pine barrens.with all due respect.

wolfspider05

Explorer
Nov 12, 2004
Riverside Nj
I will have to learn how to brand my pictures. I take pictures to share my love of the pines with others, not for others to make money off them. Not saying I take calendar worthy pictures, I only have a 2.0 megapixel kodak, but still.

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
This is a topic that is touchy for me, because I already have reasons to have to watermark my photos.
Kid, if you're gonna be selling your own photos, more power to ya. Don't go the way of Weird NJ or Ebaum's World, and by that I mean slapping a watermark on someone else's stuff because you can't be bothered to come up with your own content anymore and have to rely on your drones (aka fans) to do it for you.
I just don't understand why anyone would pay for Pines pics when they can see good ones here, and other places, for free. Just my opinion, though. The Pines are more accessible to me than most I suppose.

rblanda

Explorer
Feb 6, 2003
Winslow, NJ
www.eblanda.com
hey kids....

I think you all misunderstand.

I switched the genre of the site because ben is doing such a fine job. Who knows, maybe we'll be working together in the future on this or other sites.

Im a professional photographer and many people purchase my prints. I sold many to the state of NJ (trenton offices somewhere) and it sparked my idea.

I would NEVER watermark anyone's photos. That's illegal.

Second, I wanted to create a vehicle for people to upload their photos and make a commission on what they sell. I have made money for other people doing this and believe it or not, it works.

As far as thePineBarrens.com, I plan on really promoting this site to drive more traffic. There will be a hearty information and links center to help drive traffic to where the user wants to go. It's not all about profit!

Hope this helps,

Rob Blanda