There were lots of critters about this morning

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
It seemed like every time I turned a corner I saw something. I stopped to watch a box turtle run across the road in front of me. He was moving those stubby little legs as fast as he could. Then there was the squirrel running ahead of us to the delight of my dogs. Then there were several deer sightings. Sometimes I can go a week without seeing them but in the last 2 weeks they seem to be everywhere. Then a ground hog. The search and rescue people were out with their dogs at Carranza. And this guy sunning in the middle of a road.

P1010958s.JPG
P1010960s.JPG
P1010961s.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was with Turtle Friday night at Sim Place on the red road and we saw a nice buck in the bog there. Accompanying it were multiple deer. They have been all over the last few weeks. Nice photo's Ed.

Reactions: glowordz

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I was actually able to get within about 20 yards of the buck, I must have been upwind from him. Much to my suprise these were all good size, healthy deer.

joc

Explorer
May 27, 2010
Wall, NJ
Thanks for sharing !! Always great to see ! The swamp @ the end of my block is loaded with deer -and I'm up in Wall !!

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Those a great photo's Ed! In the 26 years I have spent roaming the Pines I have yet to see a rattlesnake.

I have been seeing alot more deer over the past year in the area of the pines I spend most of my time in. we counted 98 deer one evening on a drive through pines in late May prior to fawn drop. I have seen many doe over the past few weeks with at least one fawn and a good number with twins. The past mild winter did all animals good.

The swamp @ the end of my block is loaded with deer -and I'm up in Wall !!

I am in Wall for work often. I see deer all over the place! One of my coworkers saw a doe and a fawn in Sea Girt a couple of weeks ago.

Chris

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Ed, I got your emails, for some reason I couldn't access the pics. Great shots of the TR, they for whatever reason are not easy to find this year, very poor year for birthing females in the NE.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
The sand road with the pine trees and blueberry bushes along the sides.

I thought that's where you were... judging by the size of the grains of sand and the amount of dead pine needles. Skip confirmed it! It's a shame Scott didn't nail that nasty thing.

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
I thought that's where you were... judging by the size of the grains of sand and the amount of dead pine needles. Skip confirmed it! It's a shame Scott didn't nail that nasty thing.

Well it is about time I got some credit for my tracking skills !

Now could one of you fellows help me find my drink ???