Today Before The Storm

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We headed to Hampton Park to spend a few hours since we did not go out yesterday. Our goal was to go over the property corners of the bogs and find the stones we could not find in the past. We were unsuccessful.

A few things of interest. I have not been there in a while and they have what appears to be a fake camera set up on the road near the ruins heading towards Quarter Mile. It is obvious everyone is ignoring it.

DSC_1362a.jpg

DSC_1363a.jpg

We heard water flowing along our route so I decided to play with my camera to see if I could get a semi decent photo of the flowing water. This was taken at 1/3 of a second without a tripod. I will play more in the future.

DSC_1369a.jpg

They burned Hampton Park and in the back a hunter left this.
DSC_1380a.jpg

And most of the time we were out there the sun was out. Hard to believe as it was really cloudy and dreary when we left here this morning.

DSC_1381a.jpg

Also, something was going on right across from Carranza Memorial. Vehicles all over and people with yellow vests on everywhere. Maybe a cleanup?

Last edited:

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
We headed to Hampton Park to spend a few hours since we did not go out yesterday. Our goal was to go over the property corners of the bogs and find the stones we could not find in the past. We were unsuccessful.

A few things of interest. I have not been there in a. while and they have what appears to be a fake camera set up on the road near the ruins heading towards Quarter Mile. It is obvious everyone is ignoring it.

View attachment 14677
View attachment 14678

We heard water flowing along our route so I decided to play with my camera to see if I could get a semi decent photo of the flowing water. This was taken at 1/3 of a second without a tripod. I will play more in the future.

View attachment 14679

They burned Hampton Park and in the back a hunter left this.
View attachment 14680

And most of the time we were out there the sun was out. Hard to believe as it was really cloudy and dreary when we left here this morning.

View attachment 14681

Also, something was going on right across from Carranza Memorial. Vehicles all over and people with yellow vests on everywhere. Maybe a cleanup?
Search and rescue playtime.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
The ground blind is an Ameristep Doghouse. I have one and so does my turkey hunting body. They open in less than one second with explosive force. But folding it takes days or weeks if you don't get it just right. :mad:

Seriously, it is extremely frustrating. My wife has better luck and more patience than I do and gets it on the first or second attempt. There is a circular steel band that must be folded and twisted just right. It folds to a handy, lightweight and compact 18" diameter circle and fits neatly in a nylon carrying bag with shoulder straps.

My guess is the owner of this one got so pissed because he couldn't fold it, that he left it and then lit the woods on fire in a fit of anger ! :)

Last edited: