Today Near Warren Grove

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica and I were looking for various things this morning, and while riding down a road we came upon an abandoned or disabled car right in the road. The tags had been removed and the car was a mess. Beyond what you can see in the photos the bottom of the car was ripped up. I tried to call the park police but the signal was week, so after returning we drove to a hill and called. If you are not in a "Park" they will refuse to come, and I was informed I needed to call the local authorities, which I did not do.

DSC_0225c.jpg

DSC_0224c.jpg

Notice the Jersey Devils sticker on the back window. Hockey fans maybe?

DSC_0227a.jpg

DSC_0228c.jpg

We walked over 14,700 steps which included bushwacking across the scrub pines in our searching today, after the path we were on ended. You can see the change on the top right when we turned left to head back to the road.

path.jpg

On our way back we noticed a grasshopper with a missing back right leg acting odd. The rear of it was pulsating and started to dig into the dirt. It was laying eggs.

DSC_0250a.jpg

I have attached the full size photo. Download it and view at 100 percent. You can see pollen on its eyes and can almost see inside it.

DSC_0250_100A.jpg

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Camera is working well Guy!

Still learning. I found that to get the close up shots with the lenses I have, I need to use the large lens and stay about 4 or 5 feet away. Then I can get closeup's.

Many are still a little too dark. Here is the first photo of the grasshopper and it is too dark. I now know how to quickly fix that.

dark.jpg

And I took about 8 video's today at 4K and they all stopped after a few seconds. I discovered tonight I need a class 10 SD card which I don't have. I will pick one up tomorrow.

This is how long it would record. Take notice of my voice and frustration at that.

https://youtu.be/5qhiYR0d8YM

Last edited:

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
I tried to call the park police but the signal was week, so after returning we drove to a hill and called. If you are not in a "Park" they will refuse to come, and I was informed I needed to call the local authorities, which I did not do.

Interesting statement by the dispatcher, could be taken way out of context. I am hoping they would not dispatch to the abandoned vehicle complaint? or will they not dispatch to any call unless you are in a park proper? Many interpretations here.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
She answered and I said I wanted to report an abandoned or stolen vehicle. She asked me if I was in a Park. I told her the road had Greenwood forest signs on both sides and the car was in the dirt road. She told me to hold on and put me on hold. Came back in ten seconds and said they would not come and I had to call the local authorities.