Took Off From Work Today

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Quick and easy post. Kinda tired.

I spent the day today exploring in Ocean County with Bob. I first stopped at the Webb's Mill beaver dam again and cleaned out the fence around the beaver deceiver. Things are working really well there. The company that placed it there has found the fix that appears to be working.

DSC_4865a.jpg

DSC_4870a.jpg

Bob checking on some plants.

DSC_4892a.jpg

I am slowly learning about this plant.

DSC_4881a.jpg

Lightning struck this tree.

DSC_4895a.jpg

This is early Gentian. We found at least 20 of them at one location which Jessica and I will check on in the future. Easy to get to today when dry, but if it rains hard anytime soon we will be walking a long way. That's okay, nobody else will see these plants but us since they are so remote.

DSC_4904a.jpg

Back on 5/20/2006 Bob showed me the remains of an old gun club.

IMG_6941a.jpg

At this location in 2006 was this chair.

IMG_6944a.jpg

Today we visited a sponge nearby looking for plants and I took this Then And Now. The view may not be exact but I was going from memory.

Bob_.jpg

While walking around the spung today we found the chair. Looks like a hunter was using it.

DSC_4918a.jpg

So after leaving the spung we headed towards the gun club which was tough going. I was leading and fell into a hole. We quickly realized we had found what appears to be the well with a pipe to the said gun club.

DSC_4919a.jpg