Top Five

Hi everyone. I just stumbled onto your GREAT site while lookng for things to do in the Wharton SF area. We have recently discovered this area and have enjoyed all we have seen so far. Here is my question:

If you had to pick a Top Five areas to visit (with three teenage kids and only a car) what would they be?

Thanks for any information!

WOW that should kee us busy for a while---Thanks!

We were out on Sunday and went to the ruins of the Hampton Furnace and found railroad tracks and bog iron and all kinds of cool stuff. We even carried out 3 bags of bottles and cans and could have taken out more if we had more bags. That was a little sad, kids didn't get why if you could carry the cup of wawa coffee all the way there you couldn't carry it back out.

TrailOtter

Explorer
Nov 24, 2007
WOW that should kee us busy for a while---Thanks!

That was a little sad, kids didn't get why if you could carry the cup of wawa coffee all the way there you couldn't carry it back out.

I was once told by a guide that the reason why people drop bottles, etc is because they get so heavy when they are empty. ;)

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
Welcome!!!!!! If you want to travel slightly north there is catus island park in toms river great for kids they have an educational center and trails to walk through the marsh pretty neat and there is also island beach state park which is fun in the winter as well as the summer a lot less tourists in the winter months and when it starts to warm up outside TTT canoes rents canoes to canoe the cedar creek which passes through double trouble state park, double trouble is another great hike, just remember beware the jersey devil i hear it still lingers through these parts :)