Trash & More Trash

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Not really sure if this is the right location for this - but if it isn't, the mods can put it where they see fit.

Took a ride through the Makepeace Lake WMA yesterday and noticed someone dumped a pickup load of religious books every 40 feet for about 1/4 -1/2 mile. There's so many it's incredible. Some were strung up like they were going to recycle them or give them away, and for some reason decided to dump them instead. From there I went down Elwood Rd. to Blueberry Rd. towards Hammonton and someone recently dumped a load of used plastic car bumpers on the side of the road there too. That kind of stuff really irritates me and it seems to be getting worse and worse. Just my trash talk rant for the day.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Not really sure if this is the right location for this - but if it isn't, the mods can put it where they see fit.

Took a ride through the Makepeace Lake WMA yesterday and noticed someone dumped a pickup load of religious books every 40 feet for about 1/4 -1/2 mile. There's so many it's incredible. Some were strung up like they were going to recycle them or give them away, and for some reason decided to dump them instead. From there I went down Elwood Rd. to Blueberry Rd. towards Hammonton and someone recently dumped a load of used plastic car bumpers on the side of the road there too. That kind of stuff really irritates me and it seems to be getting worse and worse. Just my trash talk rant for the day.

It sounds like someone paid someone to haul them to the dump and.......

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
I am gonna merge something I was going to post into this thread and if you all like it, I will start a new thread.

Earth Day this year is April 22nd (I think). I was thinking about organizing a clean up in Wharton or Lebanon SF this year. I try to do this once a year, it has been done in Atco, Apple Pie Hill and Bass River. I was wondering how much interest I could garner from this site. And what would be a good area to do it this year.

What do you guys think?

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Earthday cleanup sounds good, but I'm probably going to be working on the 22nd (thursday). I should be able to do something on the 24th or 25th though. I have a pickup truck and a 4X8 trailer. I'm down for wherever.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
I didn't realize it was a weekday. That Saturday sounds like a better idea. Let me get in touch with some people in Park Services and see if I can arrange something....

I'll start a new thread as soon as I get more info....