Trash

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I reported a trash dump today. They are heading there to check it out as we speak. I have nothing but good things to say about how they are handling the dumping problem. The DEP hotline was great and the Park Police have already called me.

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

And Jessica taking a break on a nice old swivel chair we found in the burned area.

IMG_2060.JPG

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Should have snagged the Mariner outboard fuel tank, they are collectibles for the classic boat afficiando's

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I could have been a millionaire on someone's trash.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I wouldn't go quite that far, but you certainly could have got a BOGO BK Whopper with cheese and large fries and drink ;)

Reactions: Teegate

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
I called them last weekend for what looked like suspected dumping. (A pickup truck with a washing machine and a bunch of tires pulled into the woods, well off the road). They were very efficient and the Park Police officer called me back in less than 5 min to get more detail and thank me for calling. They were heading out to the site as soon as they hung up.

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
That's disgusting. Years ago when I used to go down there I never saw anything like that. Never. Once, though, I met a a feller way back in the Plains who flagged me down. His car, a VW Fastback, was buried in deep sand. He said it was just stuck there but when I offered to try to help him get it out he didn't seem to be interested so I figured he was dumping it. I went back to the spot a month or two later and it was still there. Years later I myself got stuck in deep sand in a low slung rental car in a very remote part of the Plains and, after a whole day and a cold night trying to dig myself out I wound up hiking out eight rainy miles to get help. I recently saw an excellent trick to extract yourself from such a situation on an Australian video on Youtube. What you do is tie a branch of wood through the wheel or wheels to give it traction. Don't know if that trick would have worked with that rental car. Also you'd need some rope, and I don't think I even had any with me. In my own vehicle I carry all sorts of emergency gear.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Folks should always have some common sense in any vehicle they will be using, regardless of where they are going. ;)