Tribute to a Foxhunter: Pomeroy Crossroads

joc

Explorer
May 27, 2010
Wall, NJ
Buck , If you're in Whiting I have seen them a lot. Saw one during the day once by the 70/37 circle ! Know thats a bit from you , but yes they seem to be common.Have a friend in Howell , they got his chickens as well, even the rooster .Maybe thats why the state has no "bag" limits on Fox .Season now goes from Sept 8 to Mar 15 ? Back in the "old days " they were considered vermin ( i think ) .If you had livestock you could take year -round ?? Don't know current regs ...Think that still applies .
Joe

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I have seen riders on horseback chasing forty hounds on the scent of a fox on the grounds of Assunpink WMA. Horses and noisy hounds are exciting to see in action, working hard at the chase.

Reactions: joc

joc

Explorer
May 27, 2010
Wall, NJ
I have seen riders on horseback chasing forty hounds on the scent of a fox on the grounds of Assunpink WMA. Horses and noisy hounds are exciting to see in action, working hard at the chase.
Wow ! I just thought that was a trophy Bass Lake :cool: Would be awesome to see .I think thats fairly close to Walnford ? Need to get there as well ...
Joe

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Wow ! I just thought that was a trophy Bass Lake :cool: Would be awesome to see .I think thats fairly close to Walnford ? Need to get there as well ...
Joe

Joc, every time I have seen the hounds, it was along E. Branch Road. The area hunted was between the Hunter Education Center and Stone Tavern Lake.