Trip to Buzby's

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
My daughter and I took a ride out to Buzby's this morning. My daughters comment once we got into pines territory: "Boy, I love it out here!"l My goal was to pick up an ornament or 2 for the wife for our Christmas tree. Of course, Marylin was there and just as pleasant as could be. As we wondered around the store, Marylin was chatting away with us as we poked around. Finally picked out 3 ornaments, 2 of which were hand made by Marylin. I would have liked to have gone there for Karen Riley's book signing this afternoon, but family obligations prevented me from doing so.
I also picked up a CD called "Leeds Devil Blues" by some guy named Jeff Larson. Anyone ever here of him before??? :rofl: I also purchased the DVD "People of the Pines". I figured it'll be good watching material tonight. I wanted to stop at Apple Pie Hill on the way home, but time was a pressing. So thats a trip for another day.
All in all, a great way to start the day by taking a trip to the pines. Sure wish I could have spent more time out there today!!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Bob Birdsall did a great job with the book and DVD, 'People of the Pines'. The book became a 'yearbook' type activity with folks attempting to get those in the book to autograph their respective pages.

Bob's web site in case you haven't seen it.

http://www.birdsphoto.com/

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Thanks for getting my album, Chris. I believe that was the last one there right? Well, if it was you got the last CD of the first printing. None more available. Subsequent printings will look a little different. thanks again, hope you enjoy it!

Jeff

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
Your 100% correct Jeff! It was the last one there. I feel honored to have purchased the last one of the first printing. Does that make it a collectors item?? LOL! I'm hoping to have a listen to it tonight after my class.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Your 100% correct Jeff! It was the last one there. I feel honored to have purchased the last one of the first printing. Does that make it a collectors item?? LOL! I'm hoping to have a listen to it tonight after my class.

Hmmm...collector's item? I don't know, maybe in 50 years.:) Hope you enjoy it.

Jeff

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I listened to a few of the songs yesterday. :dance: And while on that note, I also listen to Whippoorbill's frog recordings while heading to and from our PBX hikes. I don't listen to music much because of hearing problems, but when alone in my car on long drives they are great to listen to. Both of your contributions are appreciated.

Guy

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
I've been listening to the CD while driving to and from work. Great stuff Jeff!! It really puts me in a good & relaxed mood on my way home after a rough day dealing with some of the people I have to work with!!

Next step is to put it on my iPod so I can listen to it while in the pines. :D