tuckers island,little beach

Oct 25, 2006
:D this was on the tube a while back about little beach(the lost island of new jersey)in case anyone missed it on channel 6 abc.com(type in little beach)very informative.i boat in this area,fishing grassy channel on the great bay side,around brigantine inlet(wreck inlet)on the ocean side,the only thing you can see by boat is the telephone poles,but you can traverse the whole island by boat,wreck inlet is not buoyed,tough inlet if your not familiar with it,coming around the grassy channel side,you better have a flat bottomed boat,or high tide,or it is grounding time,my boat drafts 2.5 feet.nowadays the only way you can get on this island is with a permit from the u.s. fish and game commission,and with the intent of research. also if you type in little beach n.j. a page will come up that will show you the station keepers who manned it.also on the tuckerton seaport website,the history of tucker's island,the island is starting to reappear out of the atlantic.i consider myself lucky where i boat,the fish factory,little egg inlet(little beach),beach haven inlet(tucker's island)beach haven inlet is also not buoyed,it was in the 80's until the one time in the 80's as i was going out to barnegat ridge,two of the buoys were high and dry on sandbars,going out this inlet or returning,you will be taking waves on the broadside.the shallowest i ever found the going at dead low was three feet.

Oct 25, 2006
tucker's island,little beach

:)hi mike,concerning little beach,if you want more info about it,i can give you some observations made from the 70's and 80's,but pm me though.type in little beach lss to view the former keepers on the web.