Turks Cap Lily

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Sometimes the morning light is stunning in its beauty. This is from today, which by the way was a perfect 10 again. Thank you Lord!

TURKSCAP.JPG

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Bob, is that plant rare at all? I saw the same plant and lots of them in crows woods in haddonfield. I thought it was some sort of iris that someone planted there, I will try to get some pictures this week.
Chris

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Steve, no it was exactly that plant. I have day lilies around my backyard pond. I remember thinking they were day lilies only they were facing the ground with a stem that was very thin and up to about my chin and I'm 6 foot 1.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob, is that plant rare at all? I saw the same plant and lots of them in crows woods in haddonfield. I thought it was some sort of iris that someone planted there, I will try to get some pictures this week.
Chris

No, these are not rare at all. Just unique looking and a sure sign of Mid-July. This lily loves the transisition zone next to the streams where it is just getting damp.

This orchid, from this morning, is also not rare, but certainly lovely (Habenaria blephlariglottis). Many of you have probably seen it:

WHITE1.JPG

This plant, is dangerously close to groping hands at Blacks Bridge, but do not touch it. Also from today:

WATERSKIN.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Well, I had planned to do a "Then and Now" with this photo; however, Bob's photo will work just fine. Notice the major changes at Black's Bridge since 1978 when I took this photo.

HOMEONE.JPG

8_78.jpg

Guy