Vacation 2010

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

The girls and I just returned from a week in Vermont and here are a few photo's you may enjoy.

Jessica braving the cold water.

IMG_5152.JPG

Vermont is all wildflowers.

IMG_5157.JPG

IMG_5160.JPG

Jennifer relaxing after a tough few months.

IMG_5162.JPG

And it would not be right without a "Then And Now" photo. Here I am at the same place 42 years and one month ago with my relative who now owns the property. He now is blind That is a wooden boat which required 3 or 4 days to swell before it could be used.

1967.jpg

This unused covered bridge had an office built right on it.

IMG_5179.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

It ends right in the back of a motel.

IMG_5182.JPG

Planes are rare in this semi remote section of Vermont; however, when they arrive it is interesting. My relative owns 850 feet of beach and boats are rarely in our area, so it was a prime place for him to land.

IMG_5183.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG

He landed and took right off, maybe trying to practice or land in every lake.

IMG_5185.JPG

IMG_5186.JPG

Looking like a terrorist in the cockpit, he headed off never to be seen again.

IMG_5189.JPG

We went fishing.

IMG_5197.JPG

DSCN1069.JPG

Does anyone know what kind of bird this is?

IMG_5208.JPG

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Hey Guy,I see mad stones across that lake! we could really get confused in country like that:)

I once held a cedar waxwing while it died.I was at seneca rocks visitor center inside when a cedar waxwing flew into the window inches from my face.i rushed outside and picked him up just in time to see him draw his last little ragged breath,then another immediuately flwe into the window next to and dropped dead at my feet.The window was tinted and throwing reflections and both birds were male.I wonder if they were fighting for territory and thought they were attacking a rival? it was spring,their nutty season so to speak.Two beautiful birds dead in as many minutes.
Al

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
After having spent 1 week in each of the the last 4 summers camping in Vermont, I am sure you must be missing that nice, cool, DRY Vermont air.