Various bits of info

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

The site has been really slow on pine barrens discussion most likely because of the snow, so I figured I would throw in a few bits of info I have come up. The below map shows the blueberry property along 206 near Rockwood Road, and as you can see the far end of the property was once owned by the state of NJ. For whatever reason, most likely to protect to lowland, the state traded the back portion of the field to William Bertino in exchange for a larger piece of lowland property further along Rockwood Road. Looking over Historicalaerials.com, it must have happened in the late fifty's or early sixty's since by 1963 the field was as complete as it is today. The only other reason I can think of that MAY have occurred is he was using the state property accidentally and in order to keep using it he traded away the other portion. I really don't know the reason and can at this point only guess. I circled the little swampy area so you can get an idea as to where the line is.

blue1.jpg

And looking over the maps I have I noticed that one of them has included the remains of Nash's Cabin on it. The survey map does not even include that area on it but they added in this bit of info anyway.

nash.jpg

I have also learned of some property stones in the general area of Calico and the Ellis Adams ruins and hopefully Al, Jessica, and I can get there in the next few weeks or so and pass the photo's along. They appear to be part of the Martha survey once owned by Chetwood.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It does Bob. I go by it all the time and will have to check it out the next time I am there.

Glo... that is not the same place if you are referring to the spung.

Guy