Visit to Buzby's Store

pineygirl

Dec 27, 2003
Ocean Co.
My husband and I took a little ride to Chatsworth today and stopped for breakfast at Buzby's Store. I had a nice chat with Marilyn Schmidt. Dropped a few names of oldtimers and heard some stories. I told her I had found your site and she mentioned you had been in recently. I picked up a few more books: Another Beck book, "Old Burial Grounds of New Jersey" and "Exploring the Pine Barrens of NJ" which Marilyn wrote. She is also coming out with another book on Cemeteries. Stopped by the Chatsworth Cemetery where my husband's Inmans are buried. Told a couple of more people about your site and just doing a little exploring as Spring is here!
Genie

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
I always enjoy talking with Marilyn. She really loves the Pine Barrens. She loves to talk about the old stories and the people from long ago. And she knows books! I've got all the books you mention, including all of Beck's books about New Jersey. Marilyn's guide book has a lot of little errors, but it's still very good. I don't think the errors will cause anyone to NOT find a place. So it's okay. Another book that is a lot of fun is the little booklet she wrote called Piney Talk, which is on my book list.
Barry
P.S.- Are you a member of my group on Yahoo? I forget if you are or not.
On a side note, I noticed 3 people have left the group in the last 24 hours. That's odd. I wonder why.

pineygirl

Dec 27, 2003
Ocean Co.
Barry - I emailed you a handful of times about a 1-1/2 yrs ago on your website, not the one on Yahoo; although I was scouting around on that particular one today. Could you send me your website again (wasn't it like Barry'sHomepage?) to GenieLou2@aol.com.
You had some other websites on there that were pretty cool - not just the Pine Barrens. Thank you :) Genie

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
Guy,
I don't know if they were regulars that left or not because I didn't get the notification from Yahoo Groups when they left. I don't even know who they were. But I know that the member total jumped from 128 to 125 overnight. I know that when Bob Blanda joined, the notification took a couple days to get to me. But I knew he had joined because I saw his member name in my member list.
On another note, I posted two messages on my group yesterday afternoon and they still aren't there yet. Yahoo's servers are weird! One was a reponse to your last post. I was thanking you for your contributions, including the pictures.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Barry,

It does seem strange that there have not been more posts. I think Yahoo has been having problems lately. They also seem to be asking for my password more often, and each time I click on a post to read it, up comes an ad with a message saying Yahoo! Groups is an advertising supported service, and I must click continue to read the post. Is this new?

I am happy to post on your site. I have just reacquired the slide scanner, so I have hundred's more photo's to scan and if any seem interesting to me I will post them in the photo gallery.

Guy

rblanda

Explorer
Feb 6, 2003
Winslow, NJ
www.eblanda.com
A little personal note about Marilyn and this site:

I first met Marilyn about September of 2000, and I can tell you that she really helped ALOT with the research projects on this site. She is fantastic. Thanks for mentioning my name, she's always glad to get new people in there. The cafe is being sold (soon) apparently there have been some conflicts that I will not discuss here.

She's a great woman. Great woman.

Robert Blanda
Founder
Pine Barrens Enthusiasts
info@eblanda.com
www.eblanda.com

pineygirl

Dec 27, 2003
Ocean Co.
Marilyn is an interesting lady. Wish I could have her jobs. I want her other book "How to write your Own Cookbook" as we are thinking about putting some Piney recipes together. My husband's cousin's wife works with the lady who runs the restaurant. Have to get the scoop. Since Marilyn is such an avid reader herself so it was enjoyable talking about local history with her. Do you know how long she lived in Barnegat Light? Did she ever live up North? Genie