Visiting A Pot Growing Operation

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

This week I was requesting information on the best way to get to an area I wanted to get to, and in the response they sent me this aerial photo that they had noticed and suspected was a pot growing operation. Obviously, I had to go there, so after Jessica could not make it this morning I went on my own. Rather than go the short route which may have brought attention to me, I decided to take the long walk. In the end it was over 5 miles before I returned to my car.

Here is the location.

aerial_pot.jpg

In any event, on the way there I leaned against a tree and was taking this photo when an elderly man and his dog came upon me. It must have been a strange site to see me because he called the dog and was gone.

DSC_1302a.jpg

Eventually, after crashing through the woods for a while I arrived at the Pot spot and saw this.

DSC_1312a.jpg

DSC_1328a.jpg

It was a mess there. They had cut down most of the trees and the tarps they used had deteriorated so much that the ground all around was full of small pieces of it.
DSC_1314a.jpg

Notice the piping. More coming up with that.

DSC_1315a.jpg

The tent apparently was where they slept I guess. That is a bag of sand next to it.

DSC_1321a.jpg

DSC_1320a.jpg

After roaming around I figured I had seen it all, so I then decided to explore the well worn trail heading slightly up hill. At various locations along the trail I found different items. I was thinking why would they need a hose out there?

DSC_1334a.jpg

DSC_1336a.jpg

Then I found out why the hose was important. They had built a small pool to collect rainwater and maybe to somehow add their own. They had piping in it and would hook the hose to it and let gravity help them water the plants.

DSC_1337a.jpg

DSC_1338a.jpg

DSC_1339a.jpg

I thought I had saw it all until I traveled further and found one in construction.

DSC_1340a.jpg

More pipes.

DSC_1341a.jpg

But that was not all. I found another location for storing water I assume.

DSC_1342a.jpg

You can see the other one in the distance.

DSC_1343a.jpg

It was time to go so I continued along the path to see where it actually met the road. They were really smart and ended the path about 20 feet before it met the road and must have been really careful to not make it show that someone was entering there. I had walked the road looking for the best way in and never saw the path. Very well done!

And on the way back I took this looking back at where I took the earlier photo.

DSC_1346a.jpg

Just so you know, all of this is on state property.

Last edited: