Wading River Over Its Banks

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
As some of you know, I have a seasonal campsite at the Wading Pines Camping Resort. Like just about every week in the summer, we headed down there Friday evening, only to be me with locked gates. Walking along Godfrey Bridge Road into the State campground, we quickly saw why. The Wading River was damn near touch the bottom of the bridge and had totally taken out the entire back part of the campground, where the cabins and back roads run. The campground staff have no idea when it will reopen. It even appeared that on the other side of the bridge, a gate bar had stopped entrance from that direction as well.

What a mess.

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
So was the water higher then this shot was taken On Wednesday 9/05/12(not my Photo)

400401_490812190931306_1563721774_n.jpg

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Thanks Nascar. I was planning on kayaking the Wading tomorrow. Looks like I will have to postpone it to another day. Hope all is okay with your 2nd home, campsite!:siren:

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
I'm pretty good. I go out on the ocean at times and can be really tough and choppy with the tide. Just don't want to be dangerous. I'll call them (Mick's early tomorrow, to get the latest). Thanks guys. Trying to get my Pine Adventures in because I'm going back to work. Won't have much time for the pines :(

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Hopefully, this storm doesn't ruin it for tomorrow. AWESOME day today. Went to Audrey Lake, Menantico, and Manumuskin. Found ruins at menantico and muskin, but not what I wanted :( no fries mills. And 4 BLUE HOLES. All by myself and it was fun and a little scary at certain points.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Hopefully, this storm doesn't ruin it for tomorrow. AWESOME day today. Went to Audrey Lake, Menantico, and Manumuskin. Found ruins at menantico and muskin, but not what I wanted :( no fries mills. And 4 BLUE HOLES. All by myself and it was fun and a little scary at certain points.

Be careful with that "all by myself" thing. I totally get what being solo in the Pines feels like, but you need to be careful out there. At a minimum, make sure you have a cell phone with you, you let someone know where you'll be and about what time you think you'll be back.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Haha. Well. Mick's is not letting anyone out on the water they said. So heading to New Hope on this gorgeous day.