Wading River to Wading Pines, a PBX Hike.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
I was out on Lake Shenadoah a few weeks ago. It's about the last waterway in the county I would choose to paddle, but I was addling goose eggs for work. I don't think I've seen more garbage anywhere in NJ than I saw on that lakeshore. I guess the thing to do is to organize a cleanup, but it seems to be almost be a lost cause there.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I was out on Lake Shenadoah a few weeks ago. It's about the last waterway in the county I would choose to paddle, but I was addling goose eggs for work.

Waterway cleanup is particularly difficult and critically important at the same time.

German, your profession involves population control of wildlife?
Fear not, I am not an activist, I just find that an interesting aspect of a profession. An outdoors job?

G.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
Yep. I'm the Ocean County Parks Department's Chief Egg Shaker. Since that would piss off the PETA folks if it was on my name tag, it just says Naturalist instead. You wouldn't need to apologize if you were an activist though. I consider myself one to a degree. Activists come in all flavors and there's a big difference between being vocal in support of the environment and fretting over one individual of a numerous species. Those folks have good intentions as well. I just feel they are misdirecting their efforts.