Walk in the Woods- Berlin

Hi Everybody,

I am going on the walk and wanted to invite you all if you're interested.

Best,

Raven

Saturday, November 19, 2011, 10:00 AM
Selected By: Erin Bernard

Berlin Park
North Park Drive, Berlin, NJ (map)
Look for Mike's pick up truck.
Selected By: Erin Bernard

Price: $3.00/per person
Refund policy

Please join South Jersey Land and Water Trust staff member Michael Hogan for a two hour guided tour of Berlin Park on Saturday, November 19th at 10:00 am.

Berlin Park is a 151-acre Camden County Park located on the upper portion of the Great Egg harbor River just south of the White Horse Pike. The trail loops around both sides of the Great Egg Harbor River between Cross Keys Road and Watsontown Road. There are thi...ck, forested wetlands along the river with mature red maple and black gum trees. This oasis of forest provides habitat for many kinds of resident and migratory songbirds in this developed area.

Michael will identify the area’s flora and fauna and discuss SJLWT projects in South Jersey including its clean up partnership with the Camden County.

Please RSVP. No cost for SJLWT members. $3 per nonmember. The trail may be muddy, please wear appropriate foot wear and dress warm. Bring your camera and binoculars. For more information and maps contact Michael Hogan at 609-476-2086 or hoganphoto@verizon.net

DIRECTIONS
1. Take Rt. 30 east to Berlin and turn right onto North Park Drive.
2. Turn right into parking area at playground .

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Mike has a habit of picking days when I have something else planned. Last one I did was probably in March.

Yea they do tend to be on Saturdays. I did the one in March. Maybe I saw you there. That was a good one. Lots of Spring ephemerals sprouting up. Also I got a somewhat blurry shout of two Bald Eagles.And a Bee hive in a broken cedar that was down in a recent storm. Got some nice shots of that one.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
I take my kids there often as it very close when I dont have time to get into the big woods. Plenty of berries to pick in the summer. I would of liked to see the river there when it was a more substantial and clean river long ago. Regardless it is a nice place to take a walk.