Wanted: Trail of the Blue Comet book

Discussion in 'NJPineBarrens.com Flea Market' started by HeathenClerk, Jan 8, 2013.

1. 46er

46er Piney

It all depends on the policy and company you choose. As an example, for my 2 old cars I have an agreed value policy that is total cause coverage. Should it be a loss due to fire, flood, theft, etc., the payout is the amount agreed to on the policy. I would guess similar coverage for books valued at $1K to be under $50/year. One thing is sure, if you have none, you have no one to argue with over the value :D Just do your homework checking out the company.

The big problem with Sandy came with the second homes and those without flood insurance. They are left to FEMA grants and govt loans, if they can get them.

2. Boyd

Boyd Super Moderator

I just looked and couldn't even find the separate policy I carry. Just a the bills that say "refer to your policy". Guess it's time to call my agent. :)

3. HeathenClerk

HeathenClerk Explorer

Five years but it was worth the wait - wanted to just note here that after all this time quietly scouting the internet, about once a week, for a reasonably priced copy, it finally happened and I received it today (unread/like new!) from a small bookstore for just under $90. Proof it's possible!

Can't wait to finally dive in.

IMG_20180908_235601.jpg

Teegate likes this.
  4. Teegate

Teegate Administrator
    Site Administrator

There is so much in that book to take in you will want to take notes and come back to some of it. It is interesting to note that the father or a relative of one of the authors (Paul W. Schopp) is mentioned in Becks book "The Jersey Midlands also called Fair to Midlands) where he passes along train info concerning the Lost UT to Beck. My book is at work so I can't look it over to give more info concerning this or even how accurate my info here is.

Anyway, that is a great price. Well done! The book is forever out of print because the plates were lost so protect that book at all costs.

HeathenClerk likes this.
  5. Boyd

Boyd Super Moderator

Jerseyman mentioned that above..

This seems very questionable to me. If it took 15 minutes to scan a page (and I doubt it would take that long) they could do it in about two weeks. They probably just don't see any profit in doing it.

Anyway - congratulations on the find, and thanks for updating this thread after all these years. :)

46er and HeathenClerk like this.
  6. HeathenClerk

HeathenClerk Explorer