Warm weather - Early Spring flowers?

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
Pyxie, Golden Club, Broom Crowberry some of the earliest. Winter is not over yet and we could still get a cold spell/blizzard/etc but I am wondering if this exceptionally warm weather continues if Spring will have sprung a bit early this year.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
This has got to be the warmest February in my 24 years in the pines. If the forecast holds up, there are going to be something like 6 days above 70 degrees and a whole bunch above 50 degrees. A couple warm days is normal, but this is crazy. A few years ago we had a mild winter and everything was blooming in March. Then we got some freezes and it really did a lot of damage in my woods, almost completely killed some of the big laurel bushes.

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
This has got to be the warmest February in my 24 years in the pines. If the forecast holds up, there are going to be something like 6 days above 70 degrees and a whole bunch above 50 degrees. A couple warm days is normal, but this is crazy. A few years ago we had a mild winter and everything was blooming in March. Then we got some freezes and it really did a lot of damage in my woods, almost completely killed some of the big laurel bushes.
Yeah, I've worn a jacket only twice so far this year, its certainly been very warm.. Usually a sweatshirt has been good enough. We shall see how the season ends but I will certainly be keeping my eyes open for early flowers!