Waterford Township Cleanup Day 4-2-05

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I am posting an email I received from the Waterford Township Environmental Commission regarding their cleanup on Saturday 4-2-05.It is based at the Clementon Gun Club in Atco.
Last year I participated in a large scale Wharton cleanup in November at Atsion . The cleanup was organized by the Jersey Devil 4x4 Club and another individual.
I attended a Waterford Township Committee meeting in November to let everyone know what a great job was done. There were (2) 40 yard roll-offs filled to capacity and another pile of junk and about 100 tires when we were done
The Environmental Commission was impressed and promised to let me know when their cleanup was going to be. They didn't notify me until last night though.
The Township and the Env.Com. website still have last year's info posted.
Oh well.
I am not sure if I can make it due to the short notice but I hope that some of the people here can.
By the way, the Wharton large scale cleanup is scheduled for 10-22 and 10-23-05 with a campout the night of 10-22.
here is the waterford info:

Our Chairman, Al Campbell asked me to notify you about our 2005 Clean Communities Program spring clean-up day.

When: Saturday, April 2 (Rain date April 9)

Where: Clementon Gun Club
2278 Columbia Ave
Waterford Twp.
767-9685 (Club phone number)

Directions: Heading toward Burlington County on Jackson Rd., turn right onto Tremont Ave, then left onto Lincoln Ave., then another left onto Columbia Ave. The club is on the right.

Time: Registration: 8:00-9:00 a.m.
Clean-up: 9:00 a.m. - Noon

Lunch will be served at the club, after participants return.

We hope that you and some of your friends can attend and help us make a dent in the amount of trash in our township.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call Al at (856) 719-9194, or me.

Patricia (Trisha) Wilcox
WTEC member
(856) 719-0915

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Looking at the forecast, I think they are going to have to go for the rain date of 4-9.
Typically this is a light duty girlyscout kind of cleanup with a lot of roadside trash getting picked up. It is still very beneficial.
The W.T. Env. Commission was excited last year when they heard about the Wharton cleanup that was run out out of Atsion by the 4WD gangs because we picked up everything except nuclear waste. (We might have done that too, we just didn't know it.)
They wanted to attack the state woods too.
I will call the Chairman and find out what they will be able to handle.
If they have the ability to take big stuff, I will be bringing in some heavy junk from my woods down here. Sadly, there is a freezer and and a few air conditioners that have been dumped since last years Wharton cleanup.
We took 5 full loads out of these woods last year in my truck alone, including a 275 gal. oil tank that someone dumped in a spong on Chew Road.
I will keep you posted.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
The Waterford Township Env. Commission Chairman advised me last night that the cleanup has been postponed until Saturday 4-30-05.
He also told me that they will be able to take in all types of metal, recylclables and all types of general trash. He said they will have a 30 yd. dumpster.
He reallly wants people to work on cleaning Wharton which is about 60% of our township's land area.
This is something that he hasn't been able to do very well in the past with the types of volunteers that he gets.
He is not ungrateful but he said he gets mostly kids.
He would like to see more 4x4 trucks and people willing to go into the woods and grab the big stuff.
I will be there with my wife and one of my F-350's.
I plan on spending my time right here in Pestletown.
Scott