West Branch Of The Bass River

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica and I walked across the West Branch of the Bass River today to look for stones. On the way back crossing the channel she fell backwards onto a stick and it seriously bruised the back of her leg by her butt. She is hurting right now. Seconds earlier I fell in up to my knees. Pretty cold. Anyway, we did find one sandstone on the property line of the Thomas Reynolds 1776 survey. That is wild country there. No roads on the other side with a river blocking the Coal Road side. Briers everywhere.

bass 2.jpg

DSC_1558a.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I would think they would never burn there because it really is not near homes. And, if they did, they would plow fire lines. It is pristine there. Nobody goes there except maybe a hunter.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I have been in those shady areas many times alone.Never worried or thought about it before.Now I"m very careful when in areas alone like that and I know of a few places I will not go alone anymore.One is "The Abyss"! Another would be cutting through the heart of Great Swamp.Worse cedar snag areas I"ve ever been through.Only living thing I seen on the way across was a spotted turtle (not counting plants and fungi) and a buzzard in the sky overhead.he was betting I wouldn't get out. No deer sign at all,no poop,no nothing.It was bad

Reactions: Jon Holcombe