Wet Out There Today

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It was a little wet out there today. I almost got stuck on Carranza Road and the water bent my front license plate straight up. And the road I walked down near Friendship to look for some old stones was not that great either.

IMG_8645.JPG

I did not find anything but I did revisit one monument as I was passing by it on my way to another location. The first photo is from today, and the second photo was 5 years ago. Basically, a Then & Now.

IMG_8646a.JPG

NJ254W.JPG

Yellow paint evidence from 1982.

IMG_8649.JPG

The area near Eagle and Friendship is an interesting place. The state acquired a 1/5 interest of portions of the Evans & Wills property when they purchased Wharton in the 50's. This was long before the 1982 sale of Friendship Bogs. The survey lines in the Eagle Friendship area zigzagged all over the place so the state decided to arbitrate the taking of some of their property. By doing so they straightened the Friendship Bogs property line taking the zigzag portions from Evans & Wills. In the end it did not matter because by 1982 the state owned it all anyway. Many of these corners are no longer known about and I have been for years trying to find them. I have had some success and I am planning on putting a little more effort this winter into finding more of the stones.

IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_8512.jpg

Guy

Reactions: glowordz

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Guy
I frequently end up with my front plate sticking straight up also.I wonder how this happens?I'd think if anything the weight of the water would bend the plate into and under the bumper but it always bends it straight up.Will have to set up a video with tripod and a nasty hole and record the bending process and subsequent demise of my four wheel beast on a san disk

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Al,

I guess the water must come straight up. It was bent exactly like yours was the day I noticed it.

The stones I looked for today may or may not be there. In fact, they may never have been there. I just have been going over some old info since i think I have a little more knowledge on how to go about calculating their locations.

Guy