Wharton Advisory

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Saw this on another forum.

PARK ADVISORY: Wharton State Forest

Motorized and river access to Wharton State Forest continues to be limited or closed due to high water levels caused by recent precipitation.

Many roads are impassible at this current time. Today we identified a number of roads that have washed out and drainage pipes that have been compromised.

We continue to use caution and common sense when enjoying the forest responsibly.

If you are out in the forest and come across an area that has been damaged and needs to be brought to our attention, please call the Batsto office at (609) 561-0024.

#NJStateParks #WhartonStateForest

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
On their Facebook page they show bridges under water. Pipe on good water road is completely washed out. They showed Evans bridge and the water is touching the bottom under the roadway.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The second photo is the plastic bridge. That is always close to flooding or flooding.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was on the road from Dukes Bridge to Bear Swamp Hill on Sunday and the water was washing across the road at the Shoal Branch.

IMG_2447a.jpg

Reactions: dogg57

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Sunday, my wife & I drove to Tuckerton. 542 was flooded across both lanes east of the Lower Bank Tavern and Stage Rd was the same between Pilgrim Lake & Bass River SF.

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
57.3" inches here in Gloucester County, year-to-date. That's 16" above average. Very wet year, near record precipitation. I noticed that recently even very light rain creates lots of runoff due to the soil saturation.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
1/4 to 1/2 inch rain forecast for Saturday, then 65 degrees on Sunday. It's wet around here and the creek is over its banks on my property. But I have seen much higher water levels for extended periods several times since I moved here in 2006.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
1/4 to 1/2 inch rain forecast for Saturday, then 65 degrees on Sunday.

Yea, bummer. The temps are nice but a bit too moist. We were planning to head up to the Gap this Saturday; Shippen Manor, Walpack and Millbrook Village have their Christmas open houses. Free food :dance: But to long of a ride in the rain.