Wharton Cleanup: Where Were You?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
The cleanup was a time well spent in the woods and once again (2) 40 yard roll-offs were filled, a mound of metal including a car and a trailer load of tires were removed from the pines.
The materials came from Waterford to Chatsworth and beyond.
Numerous Jeep clubs were well represented and over 200 people took part.
The only NJPB.com people that I know that were there were Long-a Coming, Largo and my wife and I.
For as much as everyone seems to love these woods, I would hope that more of you guys were there and I just didn't know it.
Scott

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Scott,

I was going to come at 9:00 but got up too late. I felt bad enough about that to come late this afternoon to check out Picadilly's and psych myself into coming next year. I think I saw you, were you wearing a tan hunting jacket? I almost called out your name, but you were going around to the back of the bar and I was going in. I thought you were going back to get into your vehicle and go home. It was only after I went in and had a beer that I heard the crowd was in the back of the bar at the picnic tables. I went back there but didn't see you.

Where were the dumpsters? I drove to the ranger station to see the stuff you pulled out of the woods but the dumpsters weren't there.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Today was gorgeous for riding the trails. No dust in either direction. It was also good for just stopping and heading into the woods looking at sumtin interesting. No chiggers. I went from Waretown to Atsion using the woods as much as possible.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Scott,

I think I may have encountered your neighbor on Chew road around 8:45. That is when I first realized that the cleanup was today. It was a small pickup loaded with trash or something in the back. He waved me by just before 206. I continued to Hammonton, and when returning at about 9:15 past Atsion I saw all the Jeeps lined up. I headed toward Hampton Furnace and was in a remote section of the woods and people were walking all down the road. I was in the woods about 30 minutes and a quick drive to Lebanon and headed home and was here around noon.

Guy

Roostriz

Scout
Feb 16, 2005
Egg Harbor
I'm glad the clean up went well. I really had every intention of coming this year but I just couldn't seem to escape my homework this weekend. =(

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
BobM said:
Scott,

Where were the dumpsters? I drove to the ranger station to see the stuff you pulled out of the woods but the dumpsters weren't there.

You could have come late. They were registering people up until 11:00 a.m. +/-. The registration was only for future contact and to get a door prize ticket for the Pic.
The dumpsters are set at the next road south of Quaker Bridge Road, not at the ranger station.
We were at the Pic until the end and I was wearing a tan Carharrt jacket.
This year they had the festivities outside.
The wing trailer was out back and they were selling beer outside.
I hope a lot more of you guys make it next year.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
TeeGate said:
Scott,

I think I may have encountered your neighbor on Chew road around 8:45. That is when I first realized that the cleanup was today. It was a small pickup loaded with trash or something in the back. He waved me by just before 206. I continued to Hammonton, and when returning at about 9:15 past Atsion I saw all the Jeeps lined up. I headed toward Hampton Furnace and was in a remote section of the woods and people were walking all down the road. I was in the woods about 30 minutes and a quick drive to Lebanon and headed home and was here around noon.

Guy

That was me, I was pushing my little truck to the limit so I was
waving people by.Took out a couple serious loads.
And Scott, I was glad to be there!!! It was worth every minute I could
give & you are definately a good motivator for this sort of thing.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
I followed Scott out to his neck of the woods(Pestletown) and helped load up plywood, nasty mattreses, furniture etc. I proceeded to fill up a trash bag and grabbed a bunch of bottles and cans. I only spent about two hours total out there and its sad to say because I missed out on the Pic festivities. I drove to a buddy's place in Pennsauken and had too many lagers, the drive back to the Pic didn't seem like the smart thing to do.
I will plan my day better next year, by spending the entire day out there and taking advantage of the fun at the Pic. It was an impressive group, I ran into a guy I work with who was there w/ his son and his Rubicon.
It was like Jeep nation out there.
We all can fill up a bag on our own, and when two or three of us are out there together we can get some bulky stuff. I know that most of the people on this site are very environmentally conscious and regularly do the right thing every time they are out there.. Overall i'm glad I was there, it was nice to meet two members. Largo that was you with the Bronco right? Scott your nightly walks should be more enjoyable with some of that crap outta there!! You should take a small crew of us out one night/day for a little hike around that area and maybe a cold one afterward
Tom

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
TeeGate said:
There was a full load in it for being so early :)

Guy

I was in the woods @ 6:30 a.m
Start early, work alone, get more done.

Although I got about a hundred funny looks
when I pulled up to registration full.
wasn't trying to make anyone look bad,
just seemed sensible.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
ok I don't think we formally met Largo, there was a guy w/ us in old Bronco.
I did see your S10 busting at the seams w/ a FULL load of junk
nice job!
Tom