When is Franklin Parker closed for deer hunting?

Gibbs

Jan 22, 2016
NJ.
i recall seeing a sign that it’s closed for about a week in December for deer hunting. Anyone know the exact dates this year?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I believe next week is the big week for hunting so I would suggest you head out on Sunday's unless you are in a Wildlife Management area where you need to be careful every day.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
i recall seeing a sign that it’s closed for about a week in December for deer hunting. Anyone know the exact dates this year?

There are multiple times open for deer hunting; can get a bit complicated. State wide firearm is 12/4-9. Find the zone FPP is in and go from there, or give the NJCF a call, 908-234-1225

Not sure, but it may also be open to small game hunting.

Deer hunting regs set;

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/deer.htm

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
FPP is Special Area Zone 68, and it follows the season dates in Regulation Set #6, although hunters have to contact NJCF for permission, areas open to hunting, and rules. 12/4 through 12/9 is Six-day Firearm Season (for all zones) and I'm guessing that's when they would close it, although I don't know for sure. I was advised to stay out of all hunting areas those 6 days, more of a courtesy to hunters rather than for safety.