Wildlife officials use robo-deer to catch poachers

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
They've been using those things down here in Bevan for years.They set em up in the rifle range field next to ackley road and back into the woods across the street and watch.been doing it for years in the same place and still catching people.When a car rides by and spots the field they raise the deers head like it would naturally.I kinda think it's like cops playing hookers.Out there actually trying to make a fellow break the law so they can get some more feathers in their cap and the state can get a few more dollars in their coffers.Real cheezy.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I think it's great. They are not making anyone break the law. I've been keeping track of someone I'm sure is poaching back behind the house. Every couple months I here one or two shots go off late at night, probably baiting or jacklighting. CO's really can't do anything because it is so sporadic, but he will be caught.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
no your right they are not making anyone break the law and if their spotting with a loaded gun in the car their intentions were probably to break it anyway but in the case of cop prostitutes I do believe it is entrapment,at least if the cop approaches the guy,he may have had good intentions till approached,you"ll have to excuse me,I'm not a big fan of the law generally and of woods cops even less so.It is my raising and seeing the general woods ignorance of the supposedl;y knowledgeable law enforcers/

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
if their spotting with a loaded gun in the car their intentions were probably to break [the law] anyway

Spotlighting
Spotlighting deer during hours of darkness from a vehicle is illegal while in possession of a weapon capable of killing deer, whether the weapon is cased, uncased or in a locked compartment. This does not apply to the regular use of headlights when traveling in a normal manner on public or private roads.

This law in NJ has been the same for many years.

John-