Winslow WMA(Blue Hole)

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Well I went to my local swimming hole yesterday afternoon with my fiance and my son to take a dip on a nice day. Yes i know its not legal and as far as I'm concerned I don't need anyone watching over my saftey and I always take out ALOT more than what I go in there with. Well Yesterday was a day where I wish i had one of my "monster trucks" with me and not my geo tracker. I come around the corner to get to my swimming spot and what do you know someone got a later 90s s-10 stuck in a mud hole and lit it on fire!!!. Then people wonder why were not allowewd anywhere. Words cannot describe the actions I would perform on whoever did this. I've been going to this spot WAY before and conservation officer was hired to patrol it and WAY before any of these out of town kids have been going as well. I just wish I had one of my trucks so i could have drug it out of there. Man does this piss me off. I was 17 once and did some stupid stuff but never did i light vehicles on fire at any of my old party spots or 4x4ing spots. had to vent.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Are you sure they did it on purpose or burnt out trying to get unstuck? If you got the VIN, report it ot he DEP hotline, the owner will take the hit for towing it out.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I didn't go near it. you can tell it didnt catch on fire by accident. it is a truck that was worth kbb of probably $3000 it was rammed into nearby pine trees (you can tell by the debris around the trees), it was either stolen or a insurance skeem. Last time I reported a abandoned car in Wharton I got questioned as if I was the one who did it. so i said screw it I'll let someone else do it.

snakehunter7

Scout
Apr 6, 2006
MIllville
where i live in millville there has been at least 2 cases of stolen car where the engines where removed and then set on fire, one right in the middle of the road, people are stupid sometimes

firetech792

Scout
Aug 26, 2007
Central NJ
www.sectionb10.org
This sort of thing happens all the time in Monmouth & Ocean counties and probably else where. Stolen autos dumped in the woods and then set on fire. I've been to many brush fires recently started by stolen cars.

Apr 30, 2009
I've seen the same thing out in Menantico Ponds area....the truck was flipped over, striped of everything (engine, tires, etc.) and set on fire. I've seen many dumb things in my life....but what makes someone think setting something on fire is a good thing (other than roasting marshmellows). Maybe they think setting it on fire will make it disappear....LOL