Witch of the Pine Barrens

Marcia Stoetzel

Feb 11, 2009
Peggy Clevenger , The Witch of the Pine Barrens, I believe to be a long lost relatived. Does any one have info on Peggy?
Marcia

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
Welcome, Marcia. You've come to the right place, I'd think. These guys are generous with their knowledge and seem to have a particular interest in legendary creatures. :)

You may already know this, but Peggy merits two paragraphs in John McPhee's The Pine Barrens. If you don't have this book, it's a classic and well worth the small price. If you send me a personal message, I'll write out the information for you. Other sources: do a search on amazon.com. You'll find several books about South Jersey legends. Search inside the books and you'll see a few lines about Peggy, not much more than an aside to descriptions of the Jersey Devil.

Happy hunting! --G

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is important to note that not all of McPhee's "The Pine Barrens" books have photo's in them. So if you plan on purchasing it you must check to see if the book you are buying has them.

Guy

This isn't very much but this was in one of the book's I have (Pine Barren's Legend's & Lore)
pinebarrenslegendandlore.jpg

pinebarrenslegendandlore001.jpg

Marcia Stoetzel

Feb 11, 2009
Peggy Clevenger

thank you for the material on Peggy. This is going to be a wonderful addition to our family tree. If I can make all the connections.
Marcia