WMA cleanup project

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I have been planning to put together a large cleanup together similar to the annual cleanup in Wharton, but I was thining along the terms of Greenwood. I contacted Ray the superintendent about this and asked if he had areas that needed attention and maybe we could map something out, suprisingly i got a phone call back this morning stating that they don't have the personell to do this and I'd have to take matters in my own hands and get back to him if I wanted. I still want to do this, however Greenwood is not like Wharton for me I'm only back there once in a blue moon. I need locations that need help as far as cleanup goes and or maintnance. I was planning on spreading the word to all the local 4x4 clubs, hunters, Enduro riders, boy scouts, etc. However if I put something together this huge I'm gonna have to properly plan this in order to have a smooth flowing event that has the most productivity. Even thoughI was specifically aiming for Greenwood, I am open to other areas. But what I'm asking ffrom some of the people that regulary frequent these areas is, Where needs help from an event this large. Thanks.

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
I have requested Ray to assist me many times.

He does not want our help to clean the pines. I was also contacted by the Conservation officer who Ray contacted.

I was pretty much ignored.

I continue to clean and haul most to the edge of a major roadway and it is picked up by a garbage fairy.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I sometimes feel like any volunteer assistance with the state is unwanted by them.....I don't get it.....I guess thats why I do all my work through NJCF, their always very appreciative.

I have a spot that needs to be cleaned up on 532/barnegat.....

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I have been planning to put together a large cleanup together similar to the annual cleanup in Wharton, but I was thining along the terms of Greenwood. I contacted Ray the superintendent about this and asked if he had areas that needed attention and maybe we could map something out, suprisingly i got a phone call back this morning stating that they don't have the personell to do this and I'd have to take matters in my own hands and get back to him if I wanted. I still want to do this, however Greenwood is not like Wharton for me I'm only back there once in a blue moon. I need locations that need help as far as cleanup goes and or maintnance. I was planning on spreading the word to all the local 4x4 clubs, hunters, Enduro riders, boy scouts, etc. However if I put something together this huge I'm gonna have to properly plan this in order to have a smooth flowing event that has the most productivity. Even thoughI was specifically aiming for Greenwood, I am open to other areas. But what I'm asking ffrom some of the people that regulary frequent these areas is, Where needs help from an event this large. Thanks.

Dave, the Forked River Mountain Coalition does a lot of cleanup in Greenwood. We don't get it all of course, but we have tentacles out there in most locations. and its pretty clean. We don't cross 539 on the Western side, but that is fairly clean anyway.

A cleanup takes some scouting to find the areas and to follow through.

You are from 206 area, right?

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
yes I'm from the 206 area. as of now the Wharton area gets quite a bit attention from the fall cleanup, enduro riders, and geocachers. A few years ago I put a small one together in Bass River and they were VERY happy to work with me. Good to hear Greenwood is staying clean though.