Wolf in Voorhees

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I don't know if anybody else caught ABC news at 11:00 tonight but they had a story on a "wolf" that has been seen in a field in Voorhees. Experts believe it is a wolf hybrid. From the pictures they showed it looks very large, but it is hard to put it in perspective. Apparently it is living in this field and animal control are trying to trap it. It has been non aggressive and has avoided people, it has however, started a love affair with a black lab according to one witness.

Providing the experts are correct that it is a wolf hybrid, you would tend to assume it is of domestic origin.

Jeff

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
Wolf In Voorhees?

I work in that area and I have seen very Large Breed Coyotes that i'm told were Placed out in the woods. They supposedly were transplanted from Canada. Going to work one morning at my Home plant in Vincentown,I Noticed one that Had just been hit and it was still ALIVE! This thing was massive, Large head, long snout and the body looked like that of a Shepard and they have been know to mate domestically

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
Wolf In voorhees !

Well looking at the fence it looks like one of two places One is off United states Rd, and the other is that new park on 561 closer to berlin, Know where I mean?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The explanation given in the video, escapees from a near-by breeder', is most likely the answer. Hopefully the breeder chips his animals so a definitive answer will be found once they are captured. It certainly does not look like any 'yote I have ever seen.

Aaron

Explorer
Jul 29, 2007
That blue building in the background is one of the many apartment complexes right by the mall

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
The explanation given in the video, escapees from a near-by breeder', is most likely the answer. Hopefully the breeder chips his animals so a definitive answer will be found once they are captured. It certainly does not look like any 'yote I have ever seen.

Yeah, it really does look like a wolf or a hybrid.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Yeah, it really does look like a wolf or a hybrid.

As long as it doesn't do this, folks shoud be fine :D

18949862.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The United States American Wolfdog Association is about 10 miles away from Vorhees. Maybe they know where it came from :ninja:

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Wolf Hybrid

It definitely looks part Husky, and less wolf, though I have seen black wolves in the wild---the head profile is the give-away. Personally I think wolf-dog hybrids should be against the law.

Andrew

Jan 22, 2009
Wolfdog captured

I would like to let you all know that "our wolfdog" was captured in a humane way. She was later transported to vet hospital and then moved to Howling Woods Farm (howlingwoods.org). She is currently treated with antibiotic for lyme disease. She was named Duchess for falling in love with our lab Duke. She is a gentle animal but a number of neighbors were not easy about her presence. I understand their concerns. Overall, Howling Woods Farm is an excellent place for her; she will have a true pack of wolfdogs to play with.

Andrew

Jan 22, 2009
I would like to let you all know that our "Voorhees wolfdog", a very gentle female, was recently captured in a humane way. She was immediately transferred to a vet hospital where she is treated for the Lyme disease. Next, she was transported to the Howling Woods Farm (howlingwoods.org). where she will have a company of fellow wolfdogs. She was named Duchess for falling in love with our black lab Duke.

Attachments

• voorhees2.jpg
    voorhees2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 451