Xfinity Scoundrels

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I got my 10 page combination bill and notice of price increase yesterday. They've really done a great job in obfuscation this time. The entire rollout is intended to confuse and hide the winky. I tried to make sense of it but it's impossible. They've changed the names on the service menus so you can't possibly make sense of it. You have to wait until the next bill to see just what they've done.

I have always hoped for more competition, but it now seems impossible. Have you ever wondered how they can be allowed to dominate the business and charge whatever they want? Even trying to figure out why that is would be another tiresome effort in futility.

I'll let you tell me how good Verizon is, but I can't get it in my area. Besides, they are also likely good at screwing us.

1672233814522.png

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
I got my 10 page combination bill and notice of price increase yesterday. They've really done a great job in obfuscation this time. The entire rollout is intended to confuse and hide the winky. I tried to make sense of it but it's impossible. They've changed the names on the service menus so you can't possibly make sense of it. You have to wait until the next bill to see just what they've done.

I have always hoped for more competition, but it now seems impossible. Have you ever wondered how they can be allowed to dominate the business and charge whatever they want? Even trying to figure out why that is would be another tiresome effort in futility.

I'll let you tell me how good Verizon is, but I can't get it in my area. Besides, they are also likely good at screwing us.

View attachment 18948
Bob, is this for your phone? For home and internet? Both?

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
FiOS is incredible. 960mbps down / 880mbps up and highly reliable. I feel for you though. For years Comcast was the only provider available here.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I luck out here. I just pay for Internet and we stream. My kids by the Netflix, Hulu and whatever. Since I don't even know how to turn on my TV, and haven't turned it on in years, I don't mind paying for the Internet. If the kids or wife turn on the TV I will watch.

If it was just me they would all be in the front yard now.

• Haha
Reactions: bobpbx

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
They all screw you over time... I'm lucky to have both and go back and forth every few years to get their new customer offer. If I ever get my head out of my butt I'm over due to go back to Fios. One thing I did a few years ago to save $$$ was cancel service to all but one TV and put a small antenna on the roof for free broadcast TV on the others. I get a lot of stations and with smart TV's I get the "guide" for the broadcast channels I receive, and as mentioned you can stream too (free services available if you don't have subscriptions). Before all the TV's ended up being "smart" not having a channel guide drove me nuts.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I saw that too! I bought a house on Atsion Rd in Medford in 2002 that was about 300 feet off the road. I was worried about how much Comcast might charge... turns out it was nothing, but they sent a guy who had only been on the job a short time and didn't know what to do. They sent an old hand in to help, he just laughed at how far over his head the other guy was. But they got it done in a few hours. Guess those were the "good old days". :D