You have to watch this video.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Cool! Good thing he didn't have to sneeze or scratch, it might have been a different ending.

Meeses are coming back in a big way in upstate NY :)

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Its a good thing she didn't feel threatened.
With the calf behind her she would have been pretty protective and might have kicked that guy into next week.
I was in Aklaska four years ago in June and we had a lot of mothers with calfs hanging around our campground. I walked past a few on the road each day and the mothers usually gave you the evil eye if you stopped and watched them for too long.

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
I saw some bull moose in Minnesota during the late winter (antler shedding time), and every time I stopped the car and got out to see them, they were just as curious as me. They'd put their big noses up in the air and try to get a whiff, take a step closer, take another whiff, lather, rinse, repeat. One was like 1/4 mile away and got within about 100 feet before I got chicken and got into the car. They're funny. But I would not want to be on the wrong end of their sheer bulk.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Thanks for posting both videos Guy. I got a real kick out of them. I'll have to show them to my wife. She'll get a kick out of them. BTW, I think you meant to say killer whales in place of killer sharks.

Jeff