Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
? Dual Purpose ?

watermark.php

Trailhead00

Explorer
Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
I believe that is the sports complex off of Prickett's Mill Road in Tabernacle. A couple of basketball courts, tennis courts, softball, baseball fields, parking lots and retention ponds all the way around. Used to be a pit I believe. I remember that place all too well. Tore up my ankle pretty bad playing basketball there years ago.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I'm not sure what you are asking, Bob? Looks multi purpose to me, you can play tennis, soccor, run track, play baseball, play basketball, and contract the west nile virus all at the same place.

Multi purpose, when I was a kid we had a multi purpose room at the grammer school. Sadly, when i was told it was the multi purpose room in kindergarden I mis-heard it as the multi PORPOSE room. I spent the next 7 years trying to figure out why, considering we didn't even have one porpose in there, let alone any water. Of course, I also wondered why my bus was shorter than the others:confused: Probaby explains why I don't know what you are asking here.

Jeff

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Thanks Guys. That is a funny story Jeff.

I found it using Bing and I had to ask myself; how in the world did they ever think to build a complex on top of wetlands like that?...or....did they bring the water to the complex, because I don't see any stream coming in or going out.

I did not post the location because I thought it would be fun to see how long it took to recognize the place (not long!).

Do you think this project would fly in these times considering the sensible restrictions regarding water quality today?

I'd like to hear more about the place. Do they use fertilizer on that grass? What is the water quality now? Does it flow in or out?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Jeff
your funny story reminds me of one of my own.
I learned to swim at camp hollybrook on manumuskin creek off of port cumberland road when i was seven.when i was still in the non swimmer group we had to stay in close to shore while the older kids got to go in the deep part.Us little ones were told not to go in over our armpits.well i did not know what an armpit was.my mom always referred to them as my underarms.I was quite quickly caught almost drowning with just my nose sticking out.i was promptly yelled and screamed at and on reply as to why i was over my armpits i asked what is an armpit?I received my anatomy class and received looks of unbelief when I stated they were underarms.They probably thought what kind of people raised this little hick.If they only knew:)
Al