Zillions of pictures!

B

BarryC

Everyone, I finally sent my film in. The pictures and slides arrived today in a huge box. I mailed away 59 rolls of film, although after I packaged it all up I found 12 more rolls that I missed. Of the 59 rolls, one could not be processed for some reason, so I have 58. That's aproximately 1392 pictures! Thank God for credit cards, lol.
I don't know where to start, as far as scanning goes.
Hope to get a few scanned tonight. There's all kinds of cool stuff, going back to late Fall or early Winter of 2002, I think. I may need some help from those who were with me to identify an item here and there, or maybe provide an aproximate date.
Thanks.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
BarryC said:
Everyone, I finally sent my film in. The pictures and slides arrived today in a huge box. I mailed away 59 rolls of film, although after I packaged it all up I found 12 more rolls that I missed. Of the 59 rolls, one could not be processed for some reason, so I have 58. That's aproximately 1392 pictures! Thank God for credit cards, lol.
I don't know where to start, as far as scanning goes.
Hope to get a few scanned tonight. There's all kinds of cool stuff, going back to late Fall or early Winter of 2002, I think. I may need some help from those who were with me to identify an item here and there, or maybe provide an aproximate date.
Thanks.

Barry,

Have you ever thought of getting a digital camera? It might save you time and money.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Barry,

Please think about going digital, if just for the money saving aspect of it.

Guy

davensj

Explorer
Apr 8, 2004
The Real South Jersey
I use both, Digital and a 35mm. It`s hard to find a good zoom on a digital. I take my 35mm film to Rite Aid and get the picture`s on a CD. Then all you do is upload from the CD or copy them to your hard drive. :bounce:

B

bach2yoga

davensj said:
I use both, Digital and a 35mm. It`s hard to find a good zoom on a digital. I take my 35mm film to Rite Aid and get the picture`s on a CD. Then all you do is upload from the CD or copy them to your hard drive. :bounce:

Same here. Just got my digital back today.
I also just got a new macro lens, 1:1, 2.5 speed 50 mm (if I got that all right, some of that is a little hairy for me) for my 35mm which I really like.
When I do the 35mm I take the film to a camera store---T&F in Vineland does nice work. Their program will hold 6 rolls of film on one CD. You pay $6 for the CD, then a small fee per roll and it winds up much less expensive. I don't even bother with print copies from the lab unless it's a really special picture.

As with everything else, you only get what you pay for when it comes to digital cameras. Nikon makes a real nice camera for the serious amateur called the Coolpix 8700. It's 8 megapixels and has an 8x optical zoom, but it will set you back around $700 or $800.

Mark