26 billion records in the "Mother of All Breaches"

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
"The MOAB contains 26 billion records over 3,800 folders, with each folder corresponding to a separate data breach"

"Researchers believe that the owner of the MOAB has a vested interest in storing large amounts of data and, therefore, could be a malicious actor, data broker, or some service that works with large amounts of data. 'The dataset is extremely dangerous as threat actors could leverage the aggregated data for a wide range of attacks, including identity theft, sophisticated phishing schemes, targeted cyberattacks, and unauthorized access to personal and sensitive accounts,' the researchers said."

• Wow
Reactions: RJG and RednekF350

RJG

Scout
Nov 19, 2023
Sea Isle City, NJ
I get the same phishing text every week. “Your package was delayed by USPS because of missing information.”

Now they hit me with a new text scam. ”Hey, I’d love to have you come over for some dinner and wine.” I didn’t recognize the phone number, but I have a lot of customers, so it could have been a legitimate invitation. So I responded with, “I’m sorry, I don’t recognize your phone number. To whom am I speaking?” Three hours later I got a response from somebody named Olivia. I don’t know anybody by that name and the person who sent the text misused the past and present tense, like somebody who doesn’t speak English as their first language. Blocked.