539 Quail Management Area

Barry_Timony

Feb 17, 2016
Forked River
Anything special I should know about the Quail Management area off of 539? I'm planning on taking a mountain biking trip through the area in the next few weeks and I just curious if there is anything I should know about the area and some cool things I might find. I've driven passed a hundred times and never really explored the actual area.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
It is a nice area to explore roads are in pretty good shape. Search the forum there is a thread about a truck in the fields and a bike in a tree in the 50 fields area. To the north you have one of the biggest hills in the pines. The chamberlain is nice. Also you have the clay pits. I prefer to hike on the east side of 539 as of late.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Anything special I should know about the Quail Management area off of 539? I'm planning on taking a mountain biking trip through the area in the next few weeks and I just curious if there is anything I should know about the area and some cool things I might find. I've driven passed a hundred times and never really explored the actual area.

Here is what you need to know, most importantly. Find one of those big fields that has an overlook of the fields at the tree line--a little clearing. Unfurl a ground cloth and unpack your sandwiches. After a nice lunch, just sit there and drink in the silence and unwind. Gaze out of over the field and let any stress leave your body. I've done that many times. I even used to bring a chair and study calculus when I was going to the local college. No distractions, just peace. It was hard to leave.

On the other hand, if you are going with friends just to power that bike along and get a work out, have fun.

Reactions: Pinesbucks

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Don't go on a weekend and leave what you may find.

146093435.jpg